12 January 2011

Government wants bigger government

As I thought about what I wrote yesterday, something hit me that was completely lost on me when I wrote it:
Congressman Robert Brady (D-PA) is proposing that the ban against threatening the president be extended to all federal officials (presumably congressmen, judges, etc.) Congressman Pete King (R-NY) is proposing that guns not be allowed within 1000 feet of "powerful federal officials".
I included party affiliations behind each congressman's name to show that the knee-jerk reaction wasn't limited to either party. What didn't hit me at the time was that the limitation on free speech was proposed by a Democrat, and greater gun control was proposed by a Republican. Did these gentlemen forget which party they are members of? I doubt it. Rather, in a rush to take advantage of the crisis and the public's visceral reaction to it, they simply revealed their true, statist colors.

1 comment:

  1. All this, while many of these same congressmen and their staff members are now talking about carrying concealed weapons themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Please be relevant, civil, and brief... in that order.