06 October 2010

Moral Politics

A friend recently suggested that I read the book Moral Politics. In preparation for reading, I typed "moral politics" into Google, and this link was at the top. I clicked it, thinking that it was a website related to the book. It wasn't. Instead, it was a link to some kind of moral politics test that I couldn't resist taking. Here is the result:


This represents a score of -0.5 on the Moral Order axis and a -7 on the Moral Rules axis. It's still not clear to me what exactly each of those represents, but according to the website, I'm an "Ultra Liberal", which is interesting because I would consider myself a "Libertarian Capitalist". I'm guessing that expressing a belief that there is a higher power and that morality does have a place in my personal life means that I'm not sufficiently capitalistic. I blame the wording/interpretation of the questions.

What I found most interesting about the result, though, were the statistics that came along with it. According to the website, only 1% of the approximately 650,000 people who have taken the test are more conservative than me. On the other hand, only 1% of those same people are more liberal than me.

Take the test for yourself and see what it says about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be relevant, civil, and brief... in that order.